20-Min. Beef & Broccoli
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pound steak (sirloin, flank, or round), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- Prep the beef—In a large bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons water with 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch. Add beef and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Make the sauce—In a small bowl, add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch. Whisk to combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Cook the beef—Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add beef and sauté, stirring constantly, until beef is almost cooked, but still slightly pink. Transfer beef to plate and set aside.
- Cook the broccoli—Add remaining tablespoon of oil to sauté pan over medium heat. Add sliced onion and broccoli florets and cook for about 4 minutes, giving it an occasional stir, until broccoli is tender.
- Finish and serve—Add cooked beef to pan, pour in sauce, and stir everything together. Bring sauce to a boil and continue stirring for another minute or two until sauce begins to thicken. Serve piping hot.
Simply scrape the surface with the edge of a spoon to remove the skin. Then grate ginger by rubbing the peeled root across the tines of a fork. To extend the life of fresh ginger by a couple of months and make grating easier, stash it in the freezer, wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans offer easy release for this beef and broccoli stir fry. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.