30-Min. Homemade Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can kidney beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup water, more or less, depending on your thickness preference
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder or garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef—In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Make the chili—Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and water to browned meat. Bring to a boil, stirring in chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes. Serve piping hot.
Add depth of flavor to chili with a sprinkle of shredded cheese, sliced scallions, diced red onions, chopped cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, or all of the above. A splash of hot sauce never hurts.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Casseroles are roomy enough to handle chili for a crowd. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.