Baked Italian Rice Balls
- 2 cups cooked risotto, cooled
- 8 small balls fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep the dipping bowls—Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls.
- Make the rice balls—Roll risotto into 1-inch balls, pressing mozzarella into center, ensuring that cheese is fully covered with risotto. Roll each ball in flour, dip in eggs, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on roaster.
- Bake and serve—Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake until rice balls are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve warm with a side of marinara for dipping.
Make these ahead, and you’ll have apps on hand whenever you need them. Prepare as directed, but don’t bake the rice balls. Place baking sheet in freezer until balls are frozen, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag. They’ll easily keep for 1 to 2 months.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Roaster effortlessly release rice balls, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.