Branzino with Crushed Peppercorns and Roasted Tomatoes
Steak au poive sounds fancy, but it’s simply crusted with crushed peppercorns. Try a healthier twist on the classic preparation by swapping beef for fresh whole fish.
- 3 whole fresh branzino, cleaned, with head and tail intact
- 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prep the pan—In a nonstick roasting pan, arrange tomatoes in a single layer, then sprinkle basil on top.
- Prep the fish—Coat branzino with melted butter, sprinkle with crushed pepper and press gently to make sure it sticks to fish. Flip branzino and repeat. Transfer to roasting pan.
- Roast and serve—Roast in preheated oven until branzino is opaque in the center and flakes easily when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Transfer fish and tomatoes to serving platter and enjoy.
Can’t Find Whole Fish?
Sub in 6 fillets—we especially like halibut or cod. Simply increase oven heat to 400 and roast for about 8 to 10 minutes.