Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, or tarragon) for garnish
- Cook the carrots—In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add carrots and enough water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain carrots in colander. Set aside.
- Glaze the carrots—Melt butter in saucepan, then stir in brown sugar, salt, and pepper until brown sugar dissolves. Add carrots to sauce and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are completely glazed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with fresh herbs, and serve warm.