Cookie Butter Stuffed French Toast with Persimmon Syrup
Just when you thought French toast couldn’t get any tastier, we’ve stuffed it with cookie butter and banana slices. Drizzled with homemade persimmon syrup, it’ll make you fall in love with breakfast all over again.
Total Time: 2hrs 35m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 25m
- 8 ½”-thick slices of soft bread
- ½ cup of Biscoff cookie butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ fresh persimmon, diced
- ½ fresh persimmon, sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup of sugar
- Place half of the bread slices on a work surface. Spread with cookie butter and top with banana. Top with remaining bread slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and half-and-half. Pour mixture evenly over the sandwiches. Chill, covered, for 2 – 24 hours.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Melt a tbsp of butter. Place a sandwich into the skillet and cook until the sides are golden, about 3 minutes each. Set aside on cooling rack.
- In a nonstick saucepan, heat the persimmon, water, and sugar for 10 minutes over a low simmer.
- Serve French toast with persimmon and banana slices and syrup.