Crunchy Homemade Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped nuts, toasted
- Prepare for baking—Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the granola—In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, coconut, wheat germ, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in water, oil, and vanilla extract until evenly distributed. Spread onto baking sheet or roaster.
- Bake the granola—Bake in preheated oven for approximately one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. When the granola is golden brown and crunchy, it’s good to go. Transfer granola to a large bowl and stir in dried fruit and toasted nuts. Cool before serving. Store in airtight container.
Add a blend of dried fruits, try a variety of nuts, or stir in chocolate chips. Our recipe is endlessly adaptable to suit your taste and inspire your creativity.
Baked granola slides right off our GreenLife Ceramic Nonstick Roaster—no need for parchment paper. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.