Diner-Style Hash Browns
- 2 medium russet potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- Canola oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the potatoes—Rinse shredded potatoes in colander until water runs clear. Drain and squeeze dry. Place potatoes in a large bowl and stir in onion, flour, and egg until evenly mixed.
- Prepare the pan—Lightly oil skillet or griddle and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it’s ready to go.
- Make the hash browns—Ladle individual hash browns onto skillet—depending on size, you can cook 2 or 3 at a time. Cook until golden brown on bottom—approximately 5 minutes, then flip and cook other side for another 4 or 5 minutes.
- Get set to serve—drain hash browns on paper towels to remove any excess oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve piping hot.
Top hash browns with a splash of hot pepper sauce to spice up your morning or serve with the classic condiment—ketchup.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Griddle gives you additional surface space for more hash browns so you can minimize cooking time. It requires less oil or butter than traditional skillets, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.