Grilled Lamb Chops with Cilantro Chimichurri
Tender, juicy lamb chops grilled to perfection and served with homemade chimichurri—yes, please! Add in a side salad with a quick and easy vinaigrette and dinner is done.
Total Time: 1hr 10m
Prep Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 15m
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- large bunch cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- A few fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oil
- Kosher salt
- 8 bone in 1" thick lamb chops
- Arugula or mixed greens of choice
- Ripe tomatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, herbs, garlic, crushed red pepper, vinegar, juice of half a lemon and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow chops to rest at room temperature about 30 minutes before grilling. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven broiler to high. Set grill pan over medium heat. When hot, cook chops in batches, 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. When all have been seared, return all chops to the pan and broil 1-2 minutes until further browned and internal temp reached 135F. Transfer chops to a plate and let rest about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, dress greens and tomato lightly with olive oil, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss a little chimichurri there, if you like.
- Spoon most of the chimichurri onto a large platter and top with lamb chops. Spoon any extra chimichurri onto chops and serve on the side along with greens and tomatoes - let everything mix and mingle together!