Haddock Steaks with Olive Tapenade with Evan Kalman @add1tbsp
Evan is passionate about all types of food and travel -- from Tokyo to Florence, Evan's your guy. Check out his blog add1tbsp.com and you'll come across every genre of recipes -- from Thai, to flatbreads, to how to style the perfect cheese board. Evocative of sun-drenched Mediterranean shores, the sharp and salty flavors of this quick fish dish will satiate your wanderlust, if only for an evening.
- 4 haddock steaks, 1/2lb each
- 6 castelvetrano olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Season each haddock steak with salt and pepper. Heat a 10-inch skillet with 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the haddock on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Spoon over the warm haddock to serve.
Also known as dolce olives, Castelvetranos are the key to this recipe—they’re creamy, mild, and almost fruit-like, which makes them an incredible compliment to seared fish.