Halibut Steaks with Olive Tapenade
Dress up pan-seared halibut with our olive tapenade and get set for compliments you don’t even have to fish for! Feel free to swap out halibut steaks for whatever looks best at the market—or your own fresh catch.
Total Time: 25m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 15m
- 4 halibut steaks
- 1/2lb each
- 6 Castelvetrano olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Season each halibut steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 10-inch frypan with 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the halibut on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix the olives, red peppers, lemon juice, parsley, and oregano then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the warm halibut to taste.