Indoor BBQ Chicken
- 5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Prep the chicken—Mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then drizzle each thigh with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly onto each thigh and rub in spices.
- Sear the chicken—Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. When pan is hot, place chicken skin side down, allowing room between pieces. Sear thighs without moving them until skin is beautifully browned and crispy—about 20 minutes. Flip chicken. If skin doesn’t release easily, continue searing until it does.
- Finish the chicken—Continue cooking chicken for about 15 more minutes. Pour BBQ sauce over chicken, ensuring that each piece is well coated. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until sauce has thickened. Transfer to serving dish and allow chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.