Kimchi and Bacon Fried Rice with Meatballs
Packed with protein from Applegate Well Carved Pork Meatballs, Sunday Bacon and RightRice, this flavorful dinner takes just minutes to pull together.
Total Time: 35m
Prep Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 20m
- 1 BOU Ginger Miso Bouillon Cube
- l ⅓ cups water
- 1 (7-oz) package Cilantro Lime RightRice
- 1 (8-oz) package Applegate Naturals Sunday Bacon
- 1 package Applegate Well-Carved Pork Meatballs
- 1 (9-oz) bag broccoli slaw
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Combine the bouillon cube and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the RightRice, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 3 Tbsp bacon fat from the skillet. When cool, chop the bacon.
- Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over moderate heat. Add the pork meatballs and cook until browned and warmed through, 9–11 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the broccoli slaw to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Add the kimchi and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked RightRice and chopped bacon and toss gently to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the fried rice topped with the meatballs and scallions and with the hot sauce on the side.