Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, walnuts or almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Mix the batter—In a large bowl, mix together milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, and vinegar until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour dry mixture into wet mixture and blend with wooden spoon or spatula. Batter will be lumpy—resist the urge to over-mix. Gently fold in nuts until evenly distributed.
- Prepare the pan—Lightly oil or butter skillet or griddle and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it’s ready to go.
- Make the pancakes—Ladle approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto skillet—depending on size, you can cook 2 to 3 at a time. When the batter bubbles all over and edges brown, flip pancakes, and cook for an additional minute or two.
Easily make your own. Just bring 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil over medium high heat, stirring till sugar is dissolved. Lower heat to medium and boil for 4 minutes.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Griddle gives you extra surface space for more pancakes so you can minimize cooking time. It requires less oil or butter than traditional skillets, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.