Roast Beef with Roasted Root Veggies
- 3-pound eye roast, tied
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 2 parsnips, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Fresh dill
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Prep and sear the beef—Rub roast all over with rosemary, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper, ensuring meat is covered evenly. Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. When pan and oil are hot, add meat and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
- Roast the beef—Transfer frypan to oven and roast for 40 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Remove from oven and cover with foil for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Roast the veggies—Place carrots in a large frypan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Heat frypan over medium heat and cook veggies, turning frequently, until all sides are golden, about 5 minutes. Drain veggies on paper towels and transfer to serving plate.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts—Place pine nuts in a separate frypan over medium heat and toast until light brown. Keep an eye on them, as they can burn quickly.
- Garnish and serve—Slice roast beef and transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle veggies with feta, dill, and toasted pine nuts.
When you remove roast beef from the oven, it needs time for moisture to redistribute throughout the meat. Slice too soon, and all the liquid will escape leaving your beautiful roast beef incredibly dry.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans handle everything from searing beef to pan-roasting veggies and clean up in minutes, no soaking required.