Roasted Broccoli with a Twist
You don’t have to drown broccoli in cheese to make it taste amazing. Roasting brings out a nutty sweetness, while a squeeze of fresh lemon juice offers a tangy finish.
Total Time: 25m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 15m
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil (about 12 leaves)
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep the broccoli—Spread florets on baking sheet or roaster, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Roast the broccoli—Roast until florets are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with lemon juice and basil. Transfer to platter and serve warm.