Roasting Pan Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 4 bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced—or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional but delicious
- Prep the oven—Preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the rice—Bring stock to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, roast the peppers—Arrange peppers cut side down on roasting pan and roast for 25 to 30 minutes. When peppers are tender and skin starts to brown, transfer roasting pan to cooling rack. Be sure to leave the oven on.
- Make the filling—While the peppers roast, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes, adding in basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper as you go. Add tomato and cook, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes. Add cooked rice, stir till well combined and continue cooking until heated through. Remove pan from heat and stir in feta cheese, if using.
- Finish the peppers—Spoon filling mixture into pepper halves. Return roasting pan to oven for 5 minutes. Serve piping hot.
Red, green, or yellow—all bell pepper varieties work great in this recipe. We like to use a mix of all three to add a fun splash of color to any meal.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Roasting Pan offers easy release for roasted peppers. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.