Seared Sea Scallops with Ari Liang @wellseasoned
- 1 pound sea scallops (11-13 scallops)
- 3 tbsp canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Flaky sea salt
- Season scallops generously on both sides with kosher salt, then place on a paper towel lined plate and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Gently pat scallops dry, then season again lightly on one side with kosher salt.
- Heat 12" SearSmart GreenPan skillet over high heat. When hot, add canola oil. Carefully place scallops in pan, leaving at least 1" between them. Cook for 1 minute undisturbed.
- Add butter to pan, then flip scallops and cook for exactly 1 minute more. Spoon melted, browned butter on top of scallops as they finish cooking.
- Transfer scallops to plate. Spoon or pour on as much of the sauce as you like. Sprinkle a few flakes of sea salt on top of each scallop. Garnish with chopped parsley, then serve with lemon wedges.
Make sure you buy DRY sea scallops, not WET sea scallops! Dry scallops are those that are untreated with any chemicals and are the ONLY way to guarantee that beautiful golden brown sear!