Skillet Chicken Pesto with Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, or more depending on taste
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Cook the chicken—In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat until shimmering. Place chicken strips in skillet and season with salt and pepper. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes until chicken is heated through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Sauté the vegetables—Return skillet to medium heat and pour in 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add asparagus and broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are tender but still crisp, about 6 to 9 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Finish and serve—Return chicken and sun-dried tomatoes to skillet over medium heat and stir in pesto. Cook until chicken is heated through, then add cooked vegetables and cherry tomatoes. Stir well to evenly distribute pesto and and remove from heat. Serve warm with grated Parmesan for sprinkling.
Perfect for using up leftover produce—our chicken pesto skillet works great with all kinds of vegetables, from cauliflower to zucchini.