Smoky White Bean and Brussels Sprouts Potato Hash
Jump start your morning with a boost of protein. Our quick, one-pan hash pairs potatoes with Brussels sprouts and cannellini beans. Plus, you’ll love the spicy kick from chili powder and smoked paprika.
Total Time: 30m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 20m
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 russet potato, small cubedsalt and pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- vegetable broth, as needed (or water, if you don’t have broth on hand)
- 4 eggs for frying (if desired)
- Start off by heating olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Once heated, add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and let cook until almost fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, Brussels sprouts and white beans, stir together, and season with smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until sprouts are browned and potatoes are completely fork tender, about 10 more minutes, adding vegetable broth by the tablespoon as the vegetables dry out and potentially stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, fry four eggs in a large skillet or in batches. Divide the hash onto plates and top with the fried eggs. Serve with extra cracked pepper. Enjoy!