Spaghetti with Clams and Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
Bored with Bolognese? Put a fresh spin on spaghetti with steamed clams and blistered cherry tomatoes. Our versatile recipe works great with any pasta—penne to linguini—and comes together in just half an hour.
Total Time: 30m
Prep Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 15m
- 1 Pound Spaghetti
- 3 Pounds Small Clams, Scrubbed And Soaked
- 3 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 3 1/2 Cloves Of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- Red Pepper Flakes
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- Prepare your pasta to your liking - we are using spaghetti, but you can use linguine or your favorite long pasta. We cook ours al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat the olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper for about 1 minute.
- Add halved tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes begin to blister on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add in parsley, clams and white wine for about 5 minutes or until clams open. Stir to ensure even heat distribution. Remove any clams that do not open.
- Drain your pasta, save one small cup of pasta water.
- Add your pasta to your saute pan and mix well and stir in a little pasta water.
- Top with salt and pepper, extra pepper flakes as desired and grated parmesan - we love ours with crusty bread to soak up the juices!