Strawberry & Raspberry Crumble
What could be better than fresh, ripe summer berries? Oh, hello, buttery streusel crumble! Invite some vanilla ice cream to the mix and it’s time to celebrate…whatever.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and halved)
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 orange
- ½ vanilla pod (seeds of)
- ¹/8 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- vanilla bean ice cream (to serve)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 7 tbsp butter (cold and diced)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Toss berries, vanilla seeds, sugar and cornflour, orange zest and squeeze of juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the crumble in a separate large mixing bowl by combining sugar, buckwheat and ground almonds.
- Spoon berry mixture into a large oven-safe frypan. Distribute crumble over the top of berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve with ice cream.