Peach Galette with Vallery Lomas @foodieinnewyork
A lawyer-turned-baker, Vallery won Season 3 of the Great American Baking Show and spends her weekends and evenings developing new recipes. Lazy summer days are perfect for rustic desserts like her skillet galette starring fresh peaches lightly spiced with ground cinnamon. Take it over the top with a generous scoop of vanilla or salted caramel ice cream.
- 4 medium-sized fresh peaches
- 1 packaged pie dough round
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into six pieces
- 1 egg Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional, but encouraged!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place a rack in the center.
- Rinse and dry the peaches. Cut each peach in half and remove the pits. Place peaches flesh-side down on a cutting board, and cut 1/4-inch wedges.
- Unfurl the dough round and place into the GreenPan (no parchment paper or greasing the pan required--the ceramic nonstick works perfectly to give you a crisp crust that comes right out of the pan).
- Sprinkle the two tablespoons of flour on the bottom of the dough in an even layer. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the flour.
- Place the peaches on top of the flour and sugar, leaving an inch or two overhang. Sprinkle two tablespoons of the granulated sugar over the peaches and the half teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Fold the edges of the dough over and pinch down to secure the filling inside of the galette. Place the pan in the freezer to let the butter firm up a little while preparing the egg wash.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl with one teaspoon of water. Remove the galette from the freezer, and brush the egg wash on the edges of the folded-over dough. Sprinkle the dough with the remaining one tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the crust is browned, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven. Allow the galette to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- When ready to serve, the galette will slide right off of the nonstick surface! This galette is delicious as is, but it pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.