Super-Simple Drop Biscuits
Spread with your favorite jam or slathered in sausage gravy, our quick and easy drop biscuits make any morning infinitely better.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick cold butter, diced, plus a tablespoon melted for brushing
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Prepare for baking—Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix the dough—In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter to bowl and cut into dry ingredients using a pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture looks like course crumbs. Pour in buttermilk 1/3 cup at a time, stirring between each addition.
- Bake the biscuits—Drop batter by spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet or roasting pan and brush tops with melted butter. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until tops are golden brown. Serve immediately.
Want a simpler way to cut butter into flour? Skip the dicing step and shred a stick of butter using a hand grater. Stir in shredded butter a little at a time as you go to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Roaster effortlessly releases biscuits, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.