Ultimate Cuban Sandwich
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf Cuban bread (8 ounces)
- 6 slices smoked deli ham
- 1 1/2 cups pulled pork, heated
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 dill pickle, sliced lengthwise in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, more or less
- Make the sandwich spread—In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare the bread—Trim ends off bread. Slice loaf in half, then split each half lengthwise. Generously slather mayo mixture on interior sides of each sandwich.
- Prep the sandwich—Layer ingredients on bottom halves of each sandwich—2 cheese slices, 3 ham slices, pulled pork, pickle slices, and 2 additional cheese slices. Put top on each sandwich.
- Cook the sandwich—Melt butter in skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place each sandwich in skillet and press down with a grill press, heavy skillet, or foil-wrapped brick. Grill sandwiches 3 to 4 minutes per side until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.
Sub in French or Italian instead—not quite as authentic, but every bit as delicious as the traditional version.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Griddle offers a flat surface that’s perfect for pressing sandwiches. It requires less butter than traditional skillets, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.