Andouille Sausage with Spinach and Sunny Side Up Eggs
Yields: 2 servings
Time: 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking, 30 minutes total
- 12 ounces andouille sausage (about 4 links), cut into 3/4-inch rounds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 ounces baby spinach (about half a bag)
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare to cook—Fit your GreenPan Multi Grill, Griddle & Waffle Maker with griddle plates in the flat position. Turn dial to “Both” and preheat to 375°F.
- Cook the sausage—Add sausage slices to one side of griddle and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until nicely browned on both sides and heated through, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wilt the spinach—Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Stir constantly to avoid burning garlic. Add spinach to skillet and sauté, stirring frequently, until leaves shrink in volume and turn a deep green color—about 3 minutes.
- Fry the eggs—After adding spinach to skillet, crack eggs onto the other side of the griddle, leaving a bit of room between them. Season tops of eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until whites are just set, about 4 minutes.
- Finish the sausage and spinach—Use tongs to transfer spinach to griddle. Squeeze a couple of lemon wedges over everything, then add lemon wedges and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy—Place two eggs on individual plates. Divide sausage and spinach between plates. Serve with a side of hot sauce, if desired.
Eggs, Your Way—Prefer over easy? Give them a flip once the whites set. Or beat eggs in a bowl and scramble them on the griddle. Hard boiled? Well…you’ll need a pan of water for that!
Healthy Swap—Keep the protein and cut the fat by trading traditional pork sausage for tasty turkey, chicken, or even plant-based versions.
Elite Multi Grill, Griddle & Waffle Maker | Premiere Stainless Steel
Discover a world of flavor on your counter with the Multi Grill, Griddle & Waffle Maker. The three plate options offer an endless array of possibilities—from classic paninis to perfect Belgian waffles, so you’ll always have the right plate ready.