Gruyère and Cauliflower Gratin
Everyone will go nuts for our tasty vegetarian side dish. We enhance the natural nuttiness of cauliflower by adding nutmeg, gruyere, and parmesan.
Total Time: 60m
Prep Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 45m
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the sauce—Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour, whisking constantly for 2 minutes to make a roux. Add milk and continue whisking until sauce simmers and thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in nutmeg and cheeses. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the gratin—Pour 1/3 of the sauce in a skillet or 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Top with cauliflower and pour the rest of the sauce on top. Bake in preheated oven until cauliflower is golden brown on top, about 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.