Pumpkin French Toast
We've partnered with Mikoyo's to bring you this delicious pumpkin twist on a classic.
Total Time: 25m
Prep Time: 20m
Cooking Time: 5m
- 2 Tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- About 10 slices of sturdy rustic bread (avoid sandwich bread as it will get too soggy)
- 1 stick Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter
- In a large shallow bowl, mix all ingredients (except the bread). Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat pan to medium heat (~350 degrees F / 176 C) and melt some Miyoko’s Vegan Butter in the pan.
- Dip each slice of bread in the batter for about 15 seconds on each side. If your bread is dry, leave it in a little longer.
- Place in pan and cook until golden brown on the underside. Carefully flip and cook until the other side is golden brown as well – 3-4 minutes.
- Top with a slab of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and sprinkle of cinnamon.