Simple Skillet Fajitas
Time: 20 minutes prep, 10 minutes cooking, 30 minutes total
For the chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pack fajita seasoning (1.27 ounces)
For the veggies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lime
Warm flour tortillas, for serving
- Marinate the chicken—Add chicken, olive oil, and fajita seasoning to a large bowl or zip-top plastic bag. Toss or shake to ensure that all chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the veggies—Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When a drop of water sizzles, in pan, it’s good to go. Add peppers, onions, and chili powder, along with a little salt and pepper. Sauté until veggies have softened slightly, about 4 minutes. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Cook the fajitas—Reduce heat to medium-high. Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. When hot, add chicken mixture and sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Return veggies to skillet, stir to combine, then squeeze lime juice over the top. Cook for another minute and serve sizzling hot with warm flour tortillas.
Mix it Up - These fajitas also work great with steak or shrimp—use a combo of meats for a fun surf and turf (or turf and turf) variation.
Make it Easier - Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans handle everything from sautéing veggies to browning meats and clean up in minutes, no soaking required.
Venice Pro Ceramic Nonstick 10" Frypan
Crafted from ultra-tough, multilayer stainless steel, this 10” pan will be your everyday go-to—from sautés to bakes, fluffy scrambled eggs to fall-apart tender salmon, it will make everything simple.