Zesty Orange Pancakes with Homemade Citrus Maple Syrup
Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Time: 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking, 30 minutes total
For the syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Natalie’s Orange Juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 orange, sliced into small segments
For the pancakes
- 2 cups of your favorite pancake mix
- 1/2 cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
- 1 cup milk or water
- Zest of 1 orange
- Make the syrup—Add maple syrup to a small saucepan along with orange juice, orange zest, and orange segments. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Mix the pancake batter—In a large bowl, add pancake mix, orange juice, milk or water, and zest of 1 orange. Stir to combine evenly, but don’t worry about a few lumps here and there.
- Make the pancakes—Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Ladle approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto skillet—depending on size, you can cook 2 or 3 at a time. When the batter bubbles all over and edges turn brown, flip pancakes, and cook for an additional minute or two. Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
- Serve and enjoy—While the last batch of pancakes cooks, reheat syrup, if needed. Transfer pancakes to individual plates and serve with warm orange maple syrup.
Pour it On! You’ll love drizzling our citrus syrup on everything from ice cream and cheesecake to scones and bread pudding. Or just eating it by the spoonful—we’ll never tell.
Why We Love Natalie’s Juices—Made in small batches by a woman-owned company, Natalie’s juices feature the finest fruits and vegetables handcrafted into liquid deliciousness.
Chatham Stainless 11" Frypan with Lid
Designed for daily life, we call our 11” pans the “goldilocks size” because it’s just right for everything. It’s not so big that it will crowd your stove, but it still has plenty of room for big cuts of meat,...