Quick & Easy Puttanesca
Just like your Italian grandmother would make—if she were as busy and stressed as you! Our simple, one-pot puttanesca comes together in just half an hour. Enjoy a glass of Prosecco while you cook.
Total Time: 30m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 20m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 12 ounces dry linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Start the puttanesca—Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and parsley. Pour in water, then add linguine, capers, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Finish the puttanesca—Continue cooking—stirring frequently—until most liquid has evaporated and pasta is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy—Scoop puttanesca into individual serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Pick Your Favorite Pasta
We like linguine, but any long noodles work great in our recipe—spaghetti to fettuccini.