Sautéed Green Beans with Walnuts and Cranberries
Bored with green bean casserole? Try our fresh take on a Thanksgiving favorite starring toasted walnuts and a touch of tartness from lemon juice and dried cranberries. You’ll want to make this a new tradition.
Servings: 6 to 8
Total Time: 10m
Prep Time: 5m
Cooking Time: 5m
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Sauté the green beans—Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add green beans, stirring to coat evenly, and add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until desired tenderness is reached, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the mix-ins—Stir in lemon juice, cranberries, and walnuts and serve hot.